This week we talk about methods to handle lag and packet loss in multiplayer games, sexism in games, AdBlock for games, and question how an online only game can suffer from piracy.
The Technology Cooperative:
- TEDxWomen Talk about Online Harassment & Cyber Mobs
- Virtual sexual assault: we play Tomb Raider’s most controversial moment, and have experts weigh in
- Games with exclusively female heroes don’t sell (because publishers don’t support them)
- Netflix is streamed more on PS3 than Xbox
- InXile turns to community for art assets
- When pirates outnumber paying customers 10 to 1, online games die very quickly
- Perils of Greenlight: how the developer of Towns enraged a community by selling an unfinished game
- Has Eyeo put paid to freemium?
- Steam Big Picture mode released
- Nobody can rival Microsoft and Xbox for downloadable games, says Castle Crashers dev
- Molyneux: Retirement is “abhorrent”
- Kickstarter Won’t Bend The Rules For Game That Missed Its Goal By $28
- First wave of Ouya consoles launching later this month
Leave a comment