This week we discuss the EA "indie bundle" and what it means to be indie, then we cover several free (or almost free) tools we’ve used in making games, and end on the good, bad, and ugly of Kickstarter.
- StarDrive – Press Release
- Zynga inserts paid for words into Draw Something
- Exploitation of developers ‘is getting worse’
- RedLynx: Being indie doesn’t always mean you’re independent
- Notch: EA methodically destroying gaming
- Bret Victor – Inventing on Principle
- The Kickstarter Video Game Report – Week of May 4
- Kickstarting and Screaming
Kickstarter Projects Mentioned:
- Old People Eating Eggs in 3D!
- Confessions of a high-priced Call Girl Reprint Drive
- Evil Zombies from Andromeda
- TWord Birds: When Angry Birds Meets Twitter!
- Cheech and Chong’s Animated Game
- Storybricks, the storytelling online RPG
- A 3D Biology Video Game for the Kinect
- Kinetic Void
- Oncolos – A multiplayer game for cancer patients
- Cross of the Dutchman
- Omega Sector
- Battle Chess
Leave a comment